Monday, January 17, 2005

 

Price skimming strategies revealed

I'm sure you've read my thoughts about John Reese's Traffic Secrets -- and you know I'm not a big fan of his...

... But I'm the first to admit that some of the ways Reese launched his course impressed me.

Reese employed a pricing strategy called price skimming. It's a tactic that sets a relatively high price for a product or service upon launch. And as time goes on, the price is lowered until it reaches a fair market level.

For example, hardcover books are initially priced high, then lowered as they're republished as a paperback.

Is price skimming a good strategy for your product or service? Don't even think about setting prices 'til you read...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Category: